Did you know that chiropractic care can benefit adults, pregnant women, and children? Four Points Family Chiropractic has provided family chiropractic care to residents of Austin, TX, and surrounding areas. Discover more below about our professional services.
The Gonstead Technique
The Gonstead technique focuses on the intervertebral discs and the body's structural foundation. Our chiropractor will examine spinal misalignments, foundational imbalance, and nerve dysfunction. These chiropractic adjustments will restore natural spinal alignment, leading to optimal movement.
Chiropractic manual therapy involves locating the lack of movement and the source of joint pain. They will then apply a targeted light thrust on one side of the joint to push it past the opposing side to open up the joint space. The manual adjustments action typically produces a popping or clicking sound as the joint gets realigned.
This therapy involves using an activator device to apply pressure and thrust to a specific body part. The treatment is a reliable alternative to conventional high-velocity, low amplitude therapy and treats various kinds of back and neck pains. Activator adjustments are usually made when the patient is lying face down on an activator table.
Reasons to Receive Prenatal Chiropractic Care
Women are usually advised to seek chiropractic care during pregnancy because it has numerous benefits. The benefits of seeking prenatal chiropractic care are as follows:
- Relief from back pain: Many women experience back pain during pregnancy due to the unusual stress of the growing fetus in the womb. Chiropractic care can relieve this stress and eliminate back pain.
- Nausea reduction: Some pregnant women experience extreme morning sickness and nausea during gestation. Our chiropractor can help reduce vomiting and nausea through spinal realignment, which improves nervous system function and promotes hormonal balance.
- Smoother labor and delivery: Chiropractic care during gestation promotes the proper alignment of the pelvis, hips, and spine. Therefore, you are likely to have a smooth delivery.
Pediatric Chiropractic Care Is Important
It would be best if you took your child for pediatric adjustments at our chiropractic clinic. Explore the reasons why it's strongly recommended below:
- Adjusts the baby's misaligned vertebrae after birth
- Treats the symptoms of gastric-intestinal and colic reflux
- Aids in preventing and treating ear infections
- Pediatric adjustments boost the immune system
- Reduces the risk of spinal injury
Family Care in Austin, TX
Thank you for reading about Four Points Family Chiropractic in Austin, TX. We are willing to treat anyone within Austin or the surrounding areas. Let our professionals assist you in this difficult time. We will be attentive and gentle with your care. Contact us today at (512) 345-9355.